Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stellenbosch and Mom's visit

Molweni!
Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. I've been really busy lately. We're in the final stretch right now, about a month until everybody leaves :(. We have reflections to write, a research report, our Capstone project, and finals, on top of service. But at the same time we're trying to spend as much time together as possible. It's a sentimental time and we don't like talking about the end, but it's just about here. This weekend is our reflection weekend. We don't know where we are going yet, it's a surprise, but we have been promised camping and animals :)
A couple of weeks ago we went to Stellenbosch for a research conference. A bunch of my housemates presented their research, we were so proud! We also went to a "party" in Stellenbosch. It was a lot of alternative Afrikaaners and a very eccentric rapper performing. It was quite the experience. The next day we went on a wine tasting. It was a beautiful day and the wine was delicious! So much fun!
Besides that, I've been busy at service with my creative writing after school program and my class that I have every day. I wish that I could stay here longer to make more of a difference, but I'm trying to appreciate every moment that I have with my kids.
Mom visited last week for a few days. She went to Manenberg, took my house out to dinner, shopped on Long Street, went on a Cape Peninsula tour, and even went to the club Hemisphere with us! It was so nice having her here! Now she's in Zambia for the next week or so for work.
In case you haven't heard, I will probably be staying in South Africa for a couple of weeks after the program ends and then visiting Francesco in Italy.
Right now I have to go do more work, but I will try to write soon!
Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment